The HyperX Cloud II gaming headset is one of the most popular and well-reviewed gaming headsets on the market. Released in 2015, it offers great sound quality, comfort, and versatility at an affordable price point. However, there are many other excellent gaming headset options available in 2023 that can rival or even surpass the HyperX Cloud II.
Recent Released: 10 Best Gaming Headset Review In 2023
In this article, we will look at 10 of the best HyperX Cloud II alternatives that you can purchase in 2023. We’ll explore headsets from top brands like SteelSeries, Logitech, Razer, Corsair, and more. We’ll cover key factors like sound quality, mic performance, comfort, compatibility, wireless connectivity, and price. Whether you want an upgrade over the Cloud II or are looking for your first serious gaming headset, this list has options across various budgets.
Overview of the HyperX Cloud II
Before diving into the alternatives, let’s briefly recap what makes the HyperX Cloud II such a popular choice:
- Great sound quality powered by 53mm drivers
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- Extremely comfortable memory foam ear cups
- Durable aluminum frame with removable microphone and cables
- Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One and mobile devices
- Affordable price usually around $100
The Cloud II hits a sweet spot between price and performance that appeals to a wide range of gamers. However, it isn’t without some limitations. The wired design reduces mobility, the closed-back ear cups limit soundstage, and the noise cancellation could be better. This provides opportunities for the following headsets to differentiate themselves.
10 Best HyperX Cloud II Alternatives for 2023
1. SteelSeries Arctis 7 – Best Wireless Alternative
- Wireless lossless 2.4GHz connection
- 24 hour battery life
- Retractable mic with background noise cancellation
- Comfortable ski-goggle headband
- Compatible with PC, PS4, PS5
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 is an excellent wireless alternative to the HyperX Cloud II. It shares the same comfortable suspension headband design and delivers immersive in-game sound powered by 40mm neodymium drivers. Thenoise-cancelling Discord certified mic is also very good. The wireless freedom and multi-platform support make this a great upgrade.
2. Logitech G533 – Most Affordable Wireless Option
- Impressive 15 hour battery life
- Foldable, lightweight design
- Pro-G audio drivers for surround sound
- Programmable G-keys via Logitech software
- Less expensive than most wireless headsets
For those wanting to cut the cords on a budget, the Logitech G533 is a superb choice. It delivers 7.1 surround sound in a comfy and travel-friendly package. The microphone could be better but at this lower price point, the G533 outperforms expectations.
3. Razer BlackShark V2 Pro – Premium Esports Pick
- 50mm TriForce Titanium drivers
- Advanced passive noise cancellation
- Excellent microphone with Voice Isolation
- 24 hour battery life
- Lightweight at just 320 grams
Designed with pro gamers in mind, the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro is incredibly light, powerful and comfortable. The new TriForce drivers separate high, mid and low audio frequencies for clearer positional audio. And the superior microphone ensures your commands are always heard clearly by teammates.
4. Corsair Void RGB Elite – Feature-Packed Wired Option
- Customizable RGB lighting
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound
- 50mm neodymium drivers
- Works with Corsair iCUE software
- Breathable microfiber mesh fabric
The Corsair Void RGB Elite brings excellent audio performance in an eye-catching customizable package. The soft microfiber ear cups are great for long gaming sessions. And Corsair’s iCUE software unlocks custom EQ settings, RGB lighting effects and more.
5. Sennheiser GSP 370 – Low-Latency Wireless Audio
- Ultra-low latency connection at just 7ms
- 100 hour battery life
- Memory foam ear pads with open acoustic design
- Broadcast quality noise-cancelling microphone
- Sennheiser 7.1 surround sound software
With its extremely low wireless latency and 100-hour battery life, the Sennheiser GSP 370 is ready for competitive gaming. Superior audio drivers in an open-back design provide excellent spatial awareness. And the noise-cancelling microphone ensures clear communication.
6. Beyerdynamic MMX 300 – Premium Build Quality
- Made in Germany with premium materials
- Spatial soundcard for 7.1 and 3D audio
- Plush velour ear pads and headband
- Flexible, broadcast-quality microphone
- Compatible with PC, Mac, consoles, mobile
The Beyerdynamic MMX 300 screams premium with its handcrafted design, stunning spatial audio and build quality. From the replaceable parts to the luxurious materials used, everything is top-notch. If you want a headset built to last, this is a stellar choice.
7. Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL – Audiophile-Grade Sound
- 45mm large aperture drivers
- Stunningly realistic audio imaging
- Sturdy design with memory foam earpads
- Flexible cardioid microphone
- Works with PC, PS4, Xbox One
For audiophiles, the ATH-G1WL delivers some of the best sound in its price range. The large 45mm drivers and premium Japanese engineering result in incredible immersion. The mic also suppresses background noise well. If audio quality is paramount, check this one out.
8. ASTRO Gaming A50 – Advanced Features
- Dolby Audio and WiFi 5GHz wireless
- Base station for wireless mixing, EQ presets
- 15-hour battery life
- Excellent surround sound and noise cancellation
- Docking makes charging and setup simple
Packed with premium features, the ASTRO Gaming A50 delivers incredible wireless audio and convenience. The base station makes it easy to change EQs, recharge and adjust game to voice balance on the fly. Dolby Audio support and great drivers complete the package.
9. JBL Quantum 800 – RGB Lighting & Head Tracking
- JBL QuantumSURROUND sound
- Active noise cancellation and head tracking
- RGB lighting customize colors and effects
- 22 hour battery life
- Detachable boom microphone
With its colorful aesthetics, surround sound technologies and head tracking features, the JBL Quantum 800 provides an immersive experience. The active noise cancellation also minimizes ambient distractions.
10. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 – Affordable Wireless
- Large and powerful 50mm Nanoclear drivers
- 20 hour battery life
- Flip-to-mute mic and Bluetooth connectivity
- Windows Sonic surround sound
- Costs less than $150
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 proves you don’t need to spend a fortune for quality wireless sound. For under $150 you get warm, balanced audio, plenty of bass, and a very good microphone. The comfortable ear cups are also a highlight.
Key Factors in a HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset Alternative
There are several important factors to consider when shopping for a quality alternative to the HyperX Cloud II for gaming:
Sound Quality – You want crisp highs, punchy lows and good spatial imaging. Headsets with large diameter drivers tend to produce better sound. Surround sound support is ideal for immersion.
Microphone Performance – Having a noise-cancelling boom microphone ensures your voice comes through clearly to teammates. Look for Discord certification or broadcast quality.
Comfort – Gaming sessions can stretch on for hours, so plush memory foam ear cups and a comfy, adjustable headband are must-haves. Breathable fabrics help as well.
Compatibility – Make sure the headset works with your gaming platform whether that’s PC, Xbox, PlayStation or Nintendo Switch. Some support multiple platforms.
Wireless – For complete freedom, wireless headsets are incredibly convenient. Ensure they have low latency and long battery life.
Price – You can find excellent headsets across budgets from $100 up to $300. Consider how much you are willing to spend.
Q: Do any of these work with Xbox One or PS4?
A: Yes, many of these headsets are compatible with Xbox One, PS4 and the newer PS5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles. Some examples are the SteelSeries Arctis 7, Logitech G533, Razer BlackShark V2 Pro, Corsair Void RGB Elite, Sennheiser GSP 370, ASTRO Gaming A50 and Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2. Just double check for the specific console.
Q: How important is wireless vs wired?
A: Wireless headsets provide more freedom and convenience since you don’t have to worry about a long cable. This allows easier movement without getting tangled up. However, wired headsets don’t require charging and some have marginally better sound quality. So choose based on your priorities.
Q: Are these good for listening to music too?
A: While designed primarily for gaming, these headsets can also sound great with music and movies. Just note that audiophile-focused headsets like the Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL will excel most with music listening. For versatility, options like the SteelSeries Arctis 7 work well.
Q: Does the HyperX Cloud II ever go on sale?
A: Yes, the HyperX Cloud II frequently gets discounted on sites like Amazon, especially around major sales events like Black Friday and Prime Day. The wired version can drop to $70-80 and the wireless version may get discounted $30-40 off retail pricing.
Q: How long do wireless headsets last before recharging?
A: Battery life varies but you can expect 15 to 30 hours on average. Some outliers like the Sennheiser GSP 370 last up to 100 hours. For lengthy gaming sessions look for at least 20+ hours of battery life. Charging time is usually 1-3 hours.
While the HyperX Cloud II remains a top choice for PC and console gamers, there are plenty of compelling alternatives in 2023 that improve upon certain aspects like wireless freedom, surround sound and build quality. Models like the SteelSeries Arctis 7, Razer BlackShark V2 Pro, Corsair Void RGB Elite and others offer excellent performance at different price points. Do your research to pick the best option based on your budget and needs. Just make sure to prioritize sound quality, comfort and microphone performance.
|SteelSeries Arctis 7||– Wireless lossless audio <br>- ClearCast mic <br>- Multi-platform support||$$|
|Logitech G533||– 15 hour battery life <br>- Surround sound <br>- Affordable price||$|
|Razer BlackShark V2 Pro||– TriForce drivers <br>- Advanced noise cancellation <br>- Very lightweight||$$$|
|Corsair Void RGB Elite||– Customizable RGB lighting <br>- Dolby 7.1 surround <br>- iCUE software integration||$$|
|Sennheiser GSP 370||– 100 hour battery <br>- Ultra low latency <br>- Open acoustic design||$$$|
This article provides an overview of 10 top-rated alternatives to the HyperX Cloud II gaming headset in 2023. It examines key factors to consider when choosing a headset, including sound quality, microphone performance, comfort, compatibility, wireless connectivity and pricing.
The article explores headsets from leading brands like SteelSeries, Logitech, Razer, Corsair, Sennheiser and more. It highlights standout features of each headset like wireless technology, surround sound, premium drivers, noise cancellation, RGB lighting and battery life.
A table comparing the headsets on key features and price is included. The article also answers frequently asked questions about console compatibility, wireless vs wired, music listening, and HyperX Cloud II sales.
Overall, the article aims to help gamers find the best alternative to the HyperX Cloud II based on their budget and needs in 2023. With so many excellent options available, there are headsets that can provide upgrades in sound, comfort, and connectivity over the popular Cloud II model.